Today is the day of my own personal founder feature. You could notice that we updated our feature journal on the 27-th of March for the last time. Much happened in this life, many tragical and marquee events, and I believe in those people who have courage to fight for freedom, love, for being themselves, for destroying nazism and bringing peace to the place they were born.
Today’s feature is about the warriors. Courageous and devoted to their duty, fighting with Evil, solid for Light. Friends, brothers, sons and fathers. Men who know that they were born to protect their land and those that they love. We know the same examples in these days. This feature is dedicated to all of them. Well-known and unknown at all. Fantasy is the genre that show confrontation of Light and Darkness in all seriousness. Tolkien knew what he was writing about. He saw war with his own eyes. He could depict these men, young and old, common people and noble knights, even kings standing on the battlefields nip and tuck. Nothing changed from those times. Because even in our days we need to fight for being proud and free people not someone’s slaves and puppets. We need to fight to stay humans!
I want to thank
many times for her Tolkien series pictures. They are expressing without words all the intransigence of struggles between fiery hearts and dark forces of Evil and the power of feelings – love, friendship, fidelity to given oaths, and temerity. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Fingon – eldest son of Fingolfin, Noldorin elf prince and high king of Noldor also called the Valiant. His heart was like a crystal of pure light, he hated Darkness with all his soul, he was the one who healed the rift between Noldor, going to the Dark fortress alone to save his friend Maedhros.
I love this portrait very much. Love the strong emotions of suffering and will on his beautiful face seaming to shine from inside. This is very remarkable in Fingon! That he is able to feel desperately, but feelings do not make him weak, feelings push him forward on improbable and fine on force of nobleness and friendship acts. Such as forgiveness and rescue of Maedhros.
2. Maedhros – eldest son of Feanor, prince of Noldor, friend of Fingon, passionate warrior whose life was all dedicated to fighting with Morgoth’s armies. After escaping the captivity he became even more strong and furious chasing the Evil. He was always in touch with Fingon and Fingolfin to rise against Angband.
I love this portrait because of Maedhros obvious semblance to his father, it shows us proud and experienced warrior with daring eyes ready to fight or repulse but smth like little smile in the corner of his mouth makes him more young than Feanor. And we suddenly realize that his eyes could be not only arrogant but full of feelings.
3. Fingolfin – Noldor King, fearless, noble and wise. He was loved by his people and bewailed after his fight with Morgoth when he fall.
I love this portrait first of all because of Fingolfin’s eyes, kind and sage at the same time and also it is a look of fire, hidden, strong white fire which is not a wild flame but the calm light making Fingolfin strong in all the trials. Beautiful, open and strong face of loving father and just ruler.
4. Feanor – Noldor King, Fire Soul, the most proud, strong- and self-willed character ever created by Tolkien. His soul flame made him burn and light up all his supporters. He was indisputable. He knew his way. He was unstoppable in his hatred of Morgoth, he gave his life for struggling with him.
I love this portrait for this very special “feanaro expression”, this heavy look of suppressed fire. This is the warrior who never stepped back even when the enemy was too strong, and there was no force on Arda that could break his will.
5. I want to finish also with Fingon’s portrait in the heat of battle, trying to catch his breath before the next blow. You can feel his breath, hear it. You can catch this feeling of battle craziness with the smell of blood and fires. He doesn’t have any doubt, he rushed into this struggle and he is fighting passionately, dishevelled, covered with blood. More Tolkien characters by here: venlian.deviantart.com/gallery…